Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weekend Work

One of the things that is interesting at this point is that William's studio is about an hour and a half from where we live so he works on his sculptures at home a lot. This weekend was no exception, except that he was doing more work than usual inside the house.  Usually our yard is his preferred area to work but the weather required more indoor work.  Our weekends usually begin with a coffee date at Bessos, where we discuss what he is working on, how he feels about it, and where he is thinking about going next.

I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked because I was busy but he was working on several pieces at once, both with wood and with stone.  He puts an immense amount of time into getting each piece exactly like he wants it.  I do my best to stay out of his way, I have discovered that the creative process is fragile and he does not need my input, my main task is to enjoy it from a distance and take photographs only when he doesn't realize I am taking them.  I am glad that I have started photo documenting though because the sculptures are like children, growing and changing rapidly as he moves them through the process of where he wants them to eventually go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment